Saturday, January 2, 2010

Wearisome Work (the house kind)

You would think since my last blog had to do with being tired of dishes that I moan and complain about all housework. I don't. It is now ending the 2nd week of Christmas break (or to be understood in a politically correct way-Winter break) extra activities and decorations which I frankly kept to a minimum this year and it still seems like alot to put away. The house needs vacuuming and you guessed it there is no one home but me at the moment to do that task but there will be kids and friends over some time today and one I haven't met yet so for some ridiculous reason I don't want my home to be seen in this midstream holiday life style. That is to say "messy". In nearly every room. Well ok honesty dictates I admit it is every room not just nearly.
I have heard a thought that a womans house is a reflection of herself or an extention of herself so maybe that is why messy bothers me. I don't want to be messed up...and even if I am sometimes dealing with issues, I don't want to always be vulnerable about them. Because does that reflect Jesus very well? Some how I forget He traveled dirty, dusty roads through mountains and got his feet dirty. I am figuring His sweat glands worked so He likely got sweaty (and I wonder did He ever have morning breath like the rest of us). He spit in mud to make a paste to put on a blind mans eyes for healing. He touched "unclean" people without fear. He told Martha she was busy about many things but her sister had chosen well to sit at His feet and eat and drink the things of the Spirit- my paraphrase. I know he wasn't saying housework was bad or to be neglected forever but being frantic about it and assuming it was at that moment more important than what Mary chose was off! Maybe it was prideful even.
I guess the vacuuming will get done in a bit and decorations down but I do think before people come in I will lay down and rest this cold winter afternoon and fight off the headcold that wants to take over my head. And I will tell myself to be ok with it too (though I am sure it will be a struggle and how restful is that!?) Even letting you in on this little picture of my life is hard because it shows me in my imperfection. But you know where I am usually most comfortable is where others are comfortable and living in their homes...I want my home to be welcoming not just picture perfect though the pictures are quite pretty they are just that arranged photos not real life. So here I go on with the living.

1 comment:

  1. I honestly don't think that a house full of kids and a husband and in my case parents can ever stay clean if that was the case I would be cleaning every waking minute because as soon as I clean and try to sit down for a few minutes someone is behind me messing it up I kid you not just as soon as I started vacuuming and was done with one room and went on to the other someone don't know who because all I ever hear is not me it was a mess again like a tornado had gone through I tell you when I find that not me person we are going to have a long talk about them messing up the house! I have a maganet on my fridge that says my house was clean sorry you missed it or something like that because my house or my moms house really will stay clean for about 5 seconds and as much as I would love to have a clean house all the time it is not possible

    ReplyDelete