Friday, May 13, 2011

Baby Books (yours, mine and God's)



How many of you have kept Baby Books marking your baby's firsts? If you don't have children, you may have had one kept about you. Did you ever think about the books God keeps about His kids? Think about it. The Bible itself is a book of records and history along with the things God wants us to know will be happening on ahead yet. It is a book of books.

Psalm 139:16 says...
"Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them"

I wrote things like the first steps, foods, words and funny things. I also wrote what their names meant and what I believed for their character. You know maybe all of the stuff saved itself isn't that big of a deal (some is!!!). You can only save so many papers from school and so on. But I think knowing they belonged and were loved is what it shows. They are MY kids and have infinite value to me. I have to admit as time went on I wasn't as good at keeping the books for each of my babies. Remember I have had 8 lovely, perfect, precious to me ones. It was only due to  limited time though that I fell behind. I was so busy in the mix of everyday life I couldn't get to keeping the books up. Hopefully that is seen as "I was so busy loving them in all the day to day ways kids need loving".
God wrote about me and you and the days fashioned or designed for each of us. Wow, and there are so many of us! I bet, if I were a betting woman, that He never mixes up our names either. No confusion with God. What an amazing mind! Me? Well I can look straight at the child I am talking to and just plain call them the wrong name and keep calling the wrong name like I am making roll call on through a couple more names in the family until I land on the one name I should have called in the first place. Any way on with books and remembering...

He says in the book of Jeremiah 30:2b ... "Write in a book for yourself all the words that I have spoken to you."

Then there is Malachi 3:16:
"Then those who feared the Lord spoke to one another,
And the Lord listened and heard them;
So a book of remembrance was written before Him
For those who fear the Lord
And who meditate on His name"

I didn't keep detailed accounts of my kids misdeeds either. Love covers a multitude of sins remember?The purpose of my keeping baby books was to remember and mark baby growth events. However not everything written about everyone in the Bible was the stellar deeds they all did. Did you ever notice that? How real God is. And how real the lives He tells us about were. I have to admit I am glad my deeds are not the ones written there for everyone through the ages to learn from. You know the way it says in the Timothy's book in the Bible about all scripture being God breathed and  profitable for instruction and reproof and cutting garbage out of our lives (my very loose paraphrase). 

Another book mentioned is in Revelation 21:27
"But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb's Book of Life." 

Why is it the Lamb's Book? Because Jesus was the Lamb Who was slain for your sins and mine and raised on the 3rd day because death could not hold Him!  Everyone who believes this in their hearts and confesses Him will be saved and their names written in the Lamb's Book of Life. It is a record of all those bought and paid for by the Lamb of God. How reassuring to know my name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life. And you can be sure too if you're not already!

No comments:

Post a Comment