Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Facewash (fancy and fatigued)

Facewash...Well now the other evening sure brought back memories of making do with what is on hand. Not that I didn't have facewash on hand mind you. I did. A fine quality one in fact. What I didn't have was the desire to wait for hot water to make its way from the hot water tank through cold pipes through my faucet. Plus my drain wasn't draining well so all thoughts of wasteful water misuse aside I didn't want it to build up in the sink either- waiting for the warm water that is. And as much as I thought I would have loved living off the land in my late teens early twenties I really don't like washing my face with a cold water wash cloth! I am seriously doubting I would have had much more patience with heating my water on the open fire if I am struggling with running water from the indoor plumbing! I am feeling rather pampered and pathetic right about now...But here is what I did. I got a baby wet wipe and washed my face with it. Any one else resorted to such tactics? How about a cotton ball saturated with alcohol? (also cold but for some reason more acceptable to me...who knows why)
But here is why it brought back memories. I had baby Annali that day and only the Lord knows how I even got makeup on to need to wash off later. She is not a difficult child. She is wonderful!
But she is a child and some how the fact that she is my GRAND child makes me even more vigilant. And I was pretty much on top of things when mine were tiny. But I know how precious mine are to me and so I am very aware of how precious they are to my grown kids now parents. They also have a way they prefer things done and it isn't always how I did them (ouch but oh well I do try to accomodate in this. I am sure they are a bit stretched by my way of doing things sometimes too) 
I am much older now. I am really tired when the end of a baby day comes. So therein comes the rememberance of fatigued facewashing from the early days when it was baby days every day.
Somehow do not become weary in well doing didn't inspire proper face wash proceedures. Some times I simply put a second layer of make up over the previous one when I got up the next day if I had to be somewhere that is. Ok now I am trusting you all in this vulnerable transparency.
I do better most of the time now a days.
So lets see: We all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.
Some day my face is going to shine not from make up or the removal thereof but because of His glory! Bless God! And those things that fatigue me day to day are the very things used to transform me from glory to glory when I wash with the water of His word. And you know what there is NO condemnation when we are tired from the stuff He knows we have to do. Some times our word washing is more like a quick cleaning with the baby wet wipe. Not the best perhaps but a move in the right direction. And that is good. Then there are the times we will soak and clean up good. Jesus loves us sooooo much! Remember it is what Easter is about - His sacrifice and resurrection for our cleansing from sin...And recieving that is where my real face cleaning happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment