Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Freezers (the size of a shoe box)

There was no getting around it. The freezer, such as it was, absolutely had to be defrosted since it  had ice build up so thick I couldn't even slip an envelope in. Not that I wanted to. That was just so you get the picture.  Do refrigerator freezers even have ice buildup nowadays?
The process was always agravating. The thing was only the size of a large shoebox but challenging anyway. Get out the gear! That meant chiseling tools of various types ( I know not recommended but so hard to resist) small fan and blowdryer, and time.
I paused and thought why should I accept this challenge? I don't have money to shop with to fill it any way. Then on the heels of that thought came another. "No! I am going to trust You to fill my freezer today!" So on with the chopping.
Zoom on through my day and on to tucking kids in for the night. Still no food in the freezer. I remember thinking "Well Lord, Maybe that was just presumption on my part." And then the phone rang. "Lea, Mike and Alice just gave me a check for you. Do you want me to wait until tomorrow or can I bring it by tonight?" My freezer was filled that night. Oh and can I say here the I am going to trust you to fill my freezer tonight ...that was between me and God alone. I hadn't said anything to anyone else....
He loves to show Himself strong for you..

No comments:

Post a Comment